Sunday, July 19, 2009

Weekend Project

We are moving to East Millcreek in South Salt Lake in August to be closer to Keith's work. His office might be moving from Park City to the Brickyard Plaza, which is right across the street from the condo we found. We are very excited! It is new and nice. So before we move all our furniture up three stories we thought we would update my parents dinning room set they let us have when we got married. It was a really light pine and so we decided to stain it a dark red mahogany color. We spent all Friday evening and all day Saturday sanding and staining. It was a lot more work than we thought, but we finished and we think it turned out pretty good! Our basement lighting doesn't do it justice.

Before:



After:




8 comments:

Deanna said...

WOWWWIE! I LOVE IT! It's beautiful! Wow, you guys were busy. I think it will look great in your new place. :)

Elise said...

That looks goooood!! You can't leave before seeing us!

jenn + michael said...

Wow! That is so amazing! Your table is gorgeous! I'm so impressed! I also love the blog update! ; )

Angie said...

Oh my gosh, those look so great! Good job. Also, I love the picture at the top of your blog, so cute!

Anonymous said...

nice work! it's like new furniture. congrats on getting a new condo too!

Kelli said...

So awesome! I love projects like that!

Scott said...

Great Job Guys!! Congratulations on the new move, it's always a lot of work, but lots of fun to get a fresh start.

Nikki said...

Wahoo! :) This looks beautiful! Good job--it sounds like a huge job to do this! :) I don't want you to move though! I want you guys to stay by us always! :(