Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Good Life

I don't know why I have a blog, obviously i am horrible at keeping up on it. My summer has been mostly filled with work, but we have enjoyed a few fun trips to Idaho to see Keith's family and a trip to Newport Beach with mine. Being out of school and working, this is the first summer where I feel like I get to live adult life. After work or on days off I can do whatever I want. Today was the perfect example:

Keith and I got to sleep in (His new job is demanding, but hours are flexible which i have a love hate relationship with).
I dropped him off at work (we left his car there the night before).
I went to the mall right next to his office and after only being there a little while Keith decided he didn't want to miss out on the fun and came to meet me.
Then we went to lunch.
Now I am laying down eating cookies in the air conditioning.

I know it won't last forever once kids come along, but for now I am really learning to enjoy my life.

9 comments:

Elise said...

Live it up, my friend!!

Deanna said...

Yeah...Ryan had a love-hate relationship with my flexible hours, too. :) But now that I'm done, I have the same issue!

Looks like you guys have had a fantastic summer! Ready for another vacay? :)

Christine said...

isn't it great being out of school? i love it. your day sound wonderful. :)

Christine said...

*sounds

Unknown said...

Your life = awesome. Hook me up.

Angie said...

Sounds fun! How often do you get days off? Do you like working?

p.s. And I'm glad you have a blog so we'll know what you're up to, even if it's not often that you update! Still fun!

jenn + michael said...

F-I-N-A-L-L-Y an update! PS I miss you! Can I come eat cookies too?

tricia&keith said...

Ok so i probably should have mentioned that was my last Wednesday off and now i am working five days a week. So i don't get to do this everyday unfortunately. Angie, I like work ok, but it is still hard work. I hope i don't burn out too fast working full time.

Nikki said...

HAHAHA! I love you Tricia. This sounds so fun and amazing. I miss you. I wish we lived closer. I'm wishing for that little kid to come along so you can come down for play dates (and slightly less relaxing days). LOL