Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!

I can't believe how fast the winter break went by! We had a fabulous time enjoying the sun in San Diego at my parent's house for Christmas. We went to six flags magic mountain and survived many scary roller coasters. Unfortunately my fear of heights may have increased. We also went to a car and aerospace museum in Balboa, then seal beach, bike riding at mission beach, and we saw the tide pools in Point Loma. Though it seems we were busy, the activity we did most often was EAT! WE had lots of family parties with yummy food and desserts. My mom made a see's chocolate topiary tree with a couple pounds of chocolate on it and Keith ate the majority of it. Keith knew he was going to gain a lot of weight while we were there so he weighed in before and after to see the results. We were all shocked at his amazing 19 lb increase in less than two weeks time! Not only can he gain weight quickly, but since Sunday was fast Sunday he found he lost almost 10 lbs from missing only a couple meals. Who knew it was possible! Probably only for Keith though. Bummer.
For the last weekend we headed up to Idaho to see Keith's family in the cold snow. You don't understand what cold means until you've experienced a day at 30 degrees below Zero where the high warmed all the way up to 13 degrees below zero. Despite the temperature Keith's sister Deseret and I enjoyed sledding down hills we found in the backyard of the Ranch. We had such a fun time. We were sad to leave, but at least this is our last semester of school!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I didn't realize it was that cold that weekend...but I'm not suprized! I am suprized at Keith's amazing weight ordeal...wish I had those genes!!!

Cathy Lloyd said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas break...sorry about having to come back to the cold and the books...but only for a few more months!